With development and modernization in the Marine- and Offshore Industry, automation and control has to a large extent replaced the human elements onboard the ship.
Modern vessels are equipped with high-technology machinery, and new technologies need careful handling during operations and maintenance. There is also a growing need for developing and understanding of the working, maintenance and troubleshooting of the various automated control equipments.
Teknotherm supplies high-technology automation solutions for maritime- and offshore applications from full ships automation systems to stand-alone control applications. We supply our solutions directly to yards, owners and original equipment manufacturers for newbuilds and retrofits.
Our PLC control systems is based on a programmable controller installed in the control cabinet, and with a touch-screen in the cabinet door.
The main screen of the control terminal will have the following basic functions
- Read out of operating status for the refrigeration system
- Start and stop of compressor
- Start and stop of pumps
- Entering setpoints
- Alarms and alarm history
Other features of the control system will be
- Password protection and user levels
- Run time equalization
- Backup of settings
- Logging of temperatures, unit pressures and running conditions for trending and report
- Export of various data to Excel for support
- Remote control, diagnosis and troubleshooting via internet
- Access through tablets, PCs etc
- Communication with IAS system